Re: [ga] Fw: [RegistrarsList] Updated WLS Documents

Chuck,

> What you thought you realized, that the documents were "only made
> available via the password protected VGRS Registrar Support site," was
> in fact WRONG.

I was referring to the fact that I was under the impression that there had
been an attachment to the message that I forwarded - hence the "only". The
GA list has a habit of being slow on the distribution of attachments, which
is probably why there is a 90 minute delay from the time that you sent the
original message to the time that I, and many others received it. Its not my
habit to pollute lists with information and attachments that have already
been aired - it is in my nature to pass on information that I deem
interesting and relevant to parties that I feel would be interested in it.

> in fact WRONG. Moreover, it was extremely inappropriate to cross-post a
> message sent to VeriSign's registrars list to another list.  Nor do I

As far as whether it was appropriate for me to forward the message to
additional lists, I actually took the time to make determine whether the
usual VGRS-Registrars list disclaimer was in effect (Participants on the
VeriSign Global Registry Services registrars list are requested to not
cross-post messages.) It wasn't. Thus, a number of lists with interested
parties subscribed to them (like our internal management mailing list) were
cc'ed on a forward of this message. To be completely honest, each of these
groups would have gotten a message from me even if the disclaimer was in
effect, but I probably would have quickly rewritten the text to ensure that
VGRS' wishes were respected.

It appears that conclusion jumping and conspiracy theorizing is contagious.
Getting to the human intent of a digital communication is iffy at best, lets
not make it any worse.

Apologies for any confusion that I may have caused, but please, (and I'm
talking to everyone that reads this) lets not build a mountain out of this
molehill.

-rwr