Re: [ga] Volunteers needed - WLS drafting group.

Thomas and all assembly members,

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> Abel Wisman has volunteered to set up and lead a drafting group on
> the WLS and deleted domain name handling topics. (Thanks for that!)

  Indeed!  >;)

> The group's mission will be to identify points of consensus from the
> GA discussions on the WLS proposal and deleted domain handling of
> the past weeks, and to produce a paper which summarizes these.
> Should the group come up with new ideas or arguments, these should
> immediately be presented to the main GA list for discussion.

  This is ok, but not as good of an idea as to have a GA WG
for this issue which has been called for by most of the "Actively
Participating GA Members"....

> The group is expected to produce a first draft (to be presented to
> the main GA list) within a week.  Failure to produce such a draft
> most likely indicates that further substantial discussion is needed
> (and, currently, no consensus exists), and is no reason to despair.

  Indeed if a draft proposal is produced as a result of this non-GA
group, further discussion will be necessary, had further delay
shall be this unnecessary result.  I would disagree that no
consensus exists on the WLS issue although there has been
no vote by the GA members because the Chair and the
Secretariat have yet again refused to request a ballot
for the WLS issue even though I requested one.

> The draft, if and when presented, can then be discussed on the main
> GA list.  The drafting group is then expected to revise it according
> to this discussion.  The process can be iterated several times, if
> needed. Ultimately, it is hoped that a vote can be held on a final
> paper.

  Hopefully.

> In order to participate in the drafting group, please go to
> <http://prometheus.able-nl.com/mailman/listinfo/draft-deletes>, and
> subscribe yourself as soon as possible.  The group will take up work
> on Tuesday.
>
> Please note that, on the drafting group list, there is no limit on
> the number of postings per day, but mails over 40 kB will bounce.
> Members of the drafting group should also pay attention NOT to
> crosspost to the GA list, since the drafting group's discussion
> results will be presented to and discussed on the GA list anyhow.
>
> --
> Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827