Re: [ga] Gaining Consensus on the GA List

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:39:57 +1100, "Patrick Corliss"
<patrick@quad.net.au> wrote:

>Hi Abel
>
>On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 05:58:20 +0000, Abel Wisman wrote:
>
>> As Chuck Gomes announced they will then be looking for comment from other
>> constituencies.
>> Though I seriously doubt they were planning that, since they wanted the next
>> 14 days to "iron out the difficulties" he did make this statement in public
>> and therefore will be held to it.
>
>It has been my experience that Chuck Gomes works towards promoting VeriSign's
>interests in a most ethical way.

Oh absolutely - Chuck is a "good guy" and I think most here respect
his contributions.  He is however as an officer of Verisign obliged to
act only in the best interests of Verisign so one has to keep that in
perspective.  Verisign likewise is obliged to operate in the best
interests of their stock holders.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com