[ga] ICANN Contracts & Best Practices

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 05:39:44 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:
Re: [ga] WLS - Better Margins for Registrars

> Unless or until the Registrar, and Registry contracts have specific
> provisions to require Registries and Registrars to follow a best
> practices doctrine and technical standards for these sorts of
> areas, there will be no stopping Registrars, Registries or even
> resellers from using their own technical approaches to issues
> such as Domain Name transfers, Deletes, and original registrations.

Hi Jeff

Good point here.  However, it doesn't really matter what is written in the
contracts or Code of Best Practice if ICANN has not got the will and the
determination to enforce their provisions.

Which makes me wonder why Registrars, for example, even bother to
participate in the constituency structure !!

As long as they pay their ICANN fees, they will be looked after.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss