Re: [ga] RE: [icann-delete] WLS Input - Greatest Good vs. Benefits of the Few

Tuesday, Tuesday, January 15, 2002, 4:24:33 PM, Ron Wiener wrote:

> No person in this debate, not you, nor I, nor VGRS or even ICANN can "know"
> what the best price point will be up-front... the only way to resolve it is
> to offer it the market and see how customers respond.   From an economic

This is true, in markets that are not monopolies.  This would be a
monopoly, so there is no market force to resolved the price issue.

As a result, if this thing were to ever fly, it should be on a STRICT
cost recovery along the same lines as the registry contract for
com/net/org.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>

"There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer
interprets the truth."
-- Jean Giradoux