Re: [ga] Re: The GA -- A Respected Forum ?

Rick and all assembly members,

Rick H Wesson wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Patrick Corliss wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > In fact, the true situation supports my contention that the GA is NOT
> > representative of a wide range of geographic, industry, non-commercial or even
> > individual views.
>
> Your presumtpion is about those that post, not those that read the GA
> list. Scientificly its near impossable to prove your assumption.

  Of course "As Stated" here, you are quite correct, IMHO.  However
I don't think that is what Patrick meant.  His choice of wording was
poor perhaps?  I would say that with 900 or so DNSO GA list
members (Voting and non voting), and much less participating
or voting members (40 to 60 at best), that Patrick is in all
probability, correct.

  The real or biggest problem with all this is that the continuing
flocking of participants or willing participants, banning, and or
other forms of SELECTIVE CENSORSHIP have made, and
still is making the DNSO GA and the constituencies less than
representative of any specific group of stakeholders.

  It is here where the biggest problem with ICANN still
remains.  It would also seem by design as such, as well...

> -rick

Regards,,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams