Re: [ga] RE: [icann-delete] WLS Input - Greatest Good vs. Benefits of the Few

Tuesday, Tuesday, January 15, 2002, 12:44:59 PM, Ron Wiener wrote:

> Ross,

> A few clarifications to your last post...  First, I did not mischaracterize
> the Registrars Constituency call.  I stated that on that call there were a
> small minority of registrars - 21 out of 96.  That is fact.  You are

Perhaps you can clear up, Ron, exactly what percentage of new
registrations those 75 non-participating registrars are responsible
for (exclusing Verisign's own registrar, of course, whose conflict of
interest is clear).

The number of registrars is less important to me, and probably to
most, than the number of registrations they are responsible for.

If those 75 are responsible, collectively, for less than 50% of new
registrations, and it wouldn't surprise me if the  percentage was
VASTLY lower than that, then your points here are really
insignificant, and self serving.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>

"There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer
interprets the truth."
-- Jean Giradoux