[ga] [Fwd: WG-Delete/proposal]

Let us see if they care.

Can someone propose through the Constituency of the Registrars, as that
is more mandatory?

I understand that there is some support to establish a separate
list/forum to host the WG.  This approach seems to be more moderate and
helpful to the GA.

Thanks for all the input.  Note this is being forwarded to the GA and
not really discussed here pursuant to our New Chairs' request.  Please
be observant of that request and post me separately at this point.  I
think you should be able to find one of my 23 e-mail addresses ;-]

Eric

Pursuant to section 2 paragraphs a, b and c found at;
http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#VI-B

(c) Constituencies or GA participants may propose that the NC consider
domain name policies or recommendations. If the NC undertakes
consideration of a domain name topic, or if a Constituency so requests,
the NC shall designate one or more research or drafting committees, or
working groups of the GA, as appropriate to evaluate the topic, and
shall set a time frame for the report of such committee or working
group.
__________

As a participant in the GA I propose that the Council designate a GA
WG-delete to evaluate the topic of registry deletion systems and their
policies and the establishment of new ones.

A review of our comments from January 2 through today well documents the
interest.
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc09/maillist.html

A review of the link and notes in the bottom further indicate protocol
for such matter.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Eric Dierker

http://www.icann.org/dnso-formation.html

The Names Council

     The Names Council should act as a steering committee for the DNSO
and should be responsible for managing consensus and making
recommendations to the ICANN Board regarding TLDs, including operation,
assignment and management of the domain name system and other related
subjects.

     The Names Council should be elected by the DNSO constituency
groups, each of which will elect three Names Council members.

Development of Substantive Recommendations

     The Names Council recommendations should be developed through a
bottom-up process in which participants in the General Assembly take
part. Recommendations approved by a majority of the Names Council shall
be forwarded to the ICANN Board, accompanied by expressions of minority
     (including explanations of the potential impact of a recommendation
on a specific constituency or constituencies).