Re: [ga] Secondary market - criteria?

Brett, this is indeed possible to do. But what I am not getting is the 'why'.
What is the reasoning for keeping current registrants from knowing the value of
their domains? What 'wrong' or potential 'wrong' would be righted? Who needs the
protection from current registrants knowing about the value of their domains?
And why do they need to be protected?

Bret Fausett wrote:

> Thomas Roessler wrote:
> > Now, what happens when you follow Elliot Noss and drop Bret's
> > postulate that current registrants shouldn't know about the value of
> > their domain?
>
> Thomas, don't forget that all this proposal is concerned with is how to
> handle domain names at, about, and just after the time they expire and are
> deleted. Registrants interested in testing the value of their domain name in
> the secondary market can still do so throughout the time that they own the
> domain name, by posting it on one of the many auction sites or using an
> appraisal service.
>
>      -- Bret

Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology