From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org] On Behalf Of Eric Dierker
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 2:19 AM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: [ga] WG is up to the new chair

You know we have laid a lot of ground work here and any of the candidates for chair
can easily take up the gauntlet should she so desire and make it work.

But at this point any further actual work is pointless and we should all throw our weight behind the
new chair.

I know that it is more often than not unpleasant to post to this list because of the critical abuse you receive and I am very appreciative of the increase in participation lately but we need more voices that are willing to contribute.

Look, I just tried to do something new and against a lot of sharpie opinions, but while I am finding it hard to walk and I feel like I got run over by an emotional locomotive it was worth it. (the private posts ran 2 to 1 and were very helpful and sometimes brutal) Certainly it is worth more than an occasional post from you.

I have two questions that seem to linger;

Because the GA is a body politic should not it be able to act independently?  What we have seen currently is some sort of desire to ask for permission.  WHAT THE HELL DOES BOTTOM UP MEAN?    The only permission we need is from the bottom and who is more bottom than the GA?

Mr. Whiting is right, why can't we just do it?  Some would like to argue procedure, but all they do is create a situation where nothing occurs.  But in fact that is a result of lack of support for those of us who just want to get it done.  Why don't you support the hard work?

Eric

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2002.GA-chair-election-ranking.html