Re: [Fwd: [ga] NOTICE/GA-WG-Delete/RFC - Attn. DNSO Secretariat and NC]

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> Since there's no visible benefit in moving these discussions away
>  from the main GA list at this time (at least, nobody has pointed one
> out so far, I think), I'd (again) suggest that the discussion on the
> deletion issue remains on the main GA list.

Right.

There's also no benefit in having a "working group" unless it is actually
empowered to make decisions which the DNSO can be expected to carry out.
That would mean such groups would need to be created and given terms of
reference by the Names Council.

Of course, the NC should be doing this for any important question on which
there is no obvious consensus, and should entirely scrap its farcical Task
Forces in favour of open-to-anyone Working Groups as used by IETF.

So let's push for that, but in the meanwhile let's not delude ourselves
that the GA can create meaningful Working Groups.