Re: [ga] WLS

I agree, you can sell me those rights, and i can force you to deliver (if you
garantuee delivery) or pay me damages.
and as the owner, you can garantuee the delivery

the registry can never (in an open market of registrations) garantuee
delivery, unless they are abusing their position.

where is the line, once they can pre-register names that are currently in use
and will be deleted at any given time in future? will they next pre-reg every
letter combination there is so EVERY domain registration will cost the
registrar $ 40 ?

the registry has the contractual duty to delete a domain.
once deleted anybody can register the same string of letters according to all
rules that apply to new  regsitrations

IF these rules are applied the registry has the same chances of ganing the
new domain as anybody else, and makes themselves liable for large suits
against them for not performing the delivery they promise, because they have
to deliver.

So only by evading those rules (iow registering before anybody else, or
excluding the string of charachters from being new regsitration) can they
perform.
If they are allowed to evade in these cases they are allowed in all cases and
have become registrar with a large edge.

beware, all new domains will be costing $ 40 prereg soon!

hmmm

In short (last time)
the domain gets deleted (registry obligation) and is free for the world to be
registered
either way, the registry has to not delete it or manipulate the register to
"get" the domain, both being violations of their contract, or play chances
with those who are expert in that game and in the latter situation i suggest
the registrar verisign does it and becomes just another contender in that
field.

abel

--
Abel Wisman