Re: [ga] voting

Eric and all assembly members,

  This question or issue has been hotly debated before.  The result
was that the sanctity of the secret ballot should be maintained
here in the GA.  I agree with that consensus.  I do however also
believe that the present voting process that the GA is using
could be vastly improved.  Most especially in the "Watch-Dog"
area.  It would be much better if the "Watch Dogs" or Voting
oversight was done by a completely neutral party.

Eric Dierker wrote:

> A fine man that I am starting to consider a good friend, wrote to me;
>
> "Do you want each GA member's vote to be recorded on a public tally
> sheet
> so that everyone can see how each person voted?
>
> (I suspect that if that's what you want that you are going to get a lot
> of
> resistance - there a lot of equities on both side of the equation, pro
> and
> con.)"
>
> My immediate response was no, just more transparency in the process.
>
> but this kept me from sleep.  Secret ballots may be good in Uruguay but,
>
> are they good here?
>
> Damn fine food for thought! And debate!

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827