Re: [ga] RE: Further Thoughts on Deleted Names, with some SnapNames stats

George and all assembly members,

  Another good point here George!  Well done!

  Another problem I see is how this WLS proposal could be manipulated
by the registry (Verisign in this instance), so that preferred customers
may get a better position in the queue for newly expired names and there
is no way to check if that is occurring presently that is open to the
public.

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> --- "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@verisign.com> wrote:
> > George,
> >
> > VeriSign profit is totally irrelevant as to the competitive market.
> > Please help me understand what is noncompetitive?  Every registrar
> > would
> > have equal opportunity to participate or not participate, their
> > individual choice.  It is your perogorative to be opposed to VeriSign
> > Registry making a profit, but please don't use that as an argument
> > related to competitiveness.
>
> I'm not opposed to Verisign registrar making a profit, if it offered a
> Drop Service that operated at the registrar level, similar to existing
> market participants such as Snapnames, eNom, NameWinner, etc. (I've
> sent a list in a prior message). My problem is leveraging the monopoly
> power of the registry, to enter a "new business", which puts existing
> market participants out of business (surely all existing market
> participants would not be able to continue in their business with the
> proposed regime, but would be forced to only resell WLS subscriptions,
> or exit the business entirely. That's anti-competitive, and removes
> opportunities for innovation.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827