Re: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

WXW and all assembly members,

  Well I am a stockholder too and I still disagree strongly with this
proposal even though it might benefit me from a stock price boost
if I sold some of the stock I hold in VRSN.

  The real point is that this proposal aids is helping the ICANN staff
shirk it's responsibilities and allows the Registries to have far too
much control.  It is unnecessary as the Registrars should be doing this
task(s).  It makes for worse registrant assistance.  And it provides
little structural enhancement...

William X Walsh wrote:

> Saturday, Saturday, January 05, 2002, 11:43:26 AM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
>
> > Since 1996, there have been potential domain name holders who have
> > requested some sort of wait list service in case domain names are
> > released into the available pool.  The service at the registrar level
> > was a response to this demand.  Putting the service at the registry
> > level improves the value of the service for potential registrants.
>
> And kills a rapidly growing, and profitable, industry while giving
> your company a monopoly (you're a stockholder too, so I can say "your
> company"  :)
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827