RE: Re[2]: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

Since 1996, there have been potential domain name holders who have
requested some sort of wait list service in case domain names are
released into the available pool.  The service at the registrar level
was a response to this demand.  Putting the service at the registry
level improves the value of the service for potential registrants.

The value to the Internet community therefore seems rather obvious to
me. But, if there is none as you suggest, then the service will be a
failure.  On the other hand, if there is demand and hence value, it will
succeed.  The level of success will depend on how much demand and value
there is.  The best way to test it is to let the market prove it one way
or other.

Chuck