[ga] GA Archives

GA ga list with rules

Rules of order for the mailing lists of the General Assembly of the DNSO
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules-v0.4.html

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/maillist.html (since Jul 23rd, 2001)
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/maillist.html (Apr 3, 2001 to Jul 23,
2001)
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc06/maillist.html (Nov 28, 2000 to Apr 3,
2001)
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc05/maillist.html (Jun 10 to Nov 28, 2000)
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc04/maillist.html (Mar 22 to Jun 10, 2000)
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/maillist.html (Jan 4 to Mar 22, 2000)
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc02/maillist.html (Nov 10 to Jan 4, 2000)
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc01/maillist.html (Oct 23 to Nov 10, 1999)
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc00/maillist.html (Jul 3 to Oct 23, 1999)

Hi DNSO Secretariat

If you check the GA archives you will see that the current set, or segment,
has been in operation since 23rd July 2001.  This covers about 5 months and
consists of 66 pages of data.  The [ga-full] mailing list has 76 pages of data
in the same period.

To avoid excessive scrolling when browsing the archives, would it be possible
to start a fresh segment from 1st January 2002, please?

From the above data, it would seem that 4 segments per year is a reasonable
standard.  Doing this consistently would allow each segment to cover a period
of three months.  We could then start a new segment every quarter on the first
day of Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct.  How does that sound?

While I am on the subject of mailing lists, could you advise why the Names
Council emails are not distributed in the same way as those of the General
Assembly?  I feel quite uncomfortable about having to constantly refer to the
NC archives to examine the current postings.

Regards
Patrick Corliss