Re: [ga] sunrise

So, Mr. Anonymous wrote me this;

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> > I have to say that challenging the sunrise periods,
> > and helping to establish a better method should probably
> > be in one of the top ten priorities we have for the next year.
> >
> > As a candidate for the chair I ask for input on this issue.
>
> OK, here's one: A "pre-dawn" period for those who have rights in names
> other than rights derived from trademark laws.  The pre-dawn registration
> occurs before sunrise and trumps any "sunrise" registration.
>
> People are more important than trademarks, so people who have uses for
> names ought to have the first opportunity.
>
> Second, for every sunrise there is a sunset - all "sunrise" registrations
> ought to lapse and be re-justified every so often (like every two years).

I believe this person is trying to tell us that a first come first right
is
not
possible.  So we are going to have to work in the framework as
dictated by the IP interests.  I think the above positive concepts may
well
work.

And when it is Eric Dierker versus Dierker Inc. the first come first
right
should prevail.

Sincerely,
Eric