Re: Casting False aspersions? to - [ga] Re: OBJECTION Re: Transfer TF elections

WXW and all assembly members,

  I wonder of you have any rebuttal to the substance of Danny's
post rather than attacking the messenger(Danny)?

William X Walsh wrote:

> Oh give it up, Danny, you know you are only doing this since it serves
> your purpose of trying to be as much a thorn in the side of the NC as
> you can.
>
> At least be honest about your reasons for doing it.
>
> I bet a number on this list wished they had backed up my call for the
> NC to replace you earlier this year.
>
> Tuesday, Tuesday, December 11, 2001, 1:44:19 PM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>
> > The General Assembly will be electing a single "voting" representative to the
> > Transfers Task Force.
>
> > This Task Force, as per an un-ratified proposal tendered by the un-elected
> > interim Chair, will determine whether constituencies and the GA may send
> > additional non-voting "observers" to this TF.  That particular message was
> > posted to the TF list on the same day that I tendered my resignation from the
> > TF, and has subsequently been repeated on the TF list.
>
> > I consider it entirely appropriate that those that have expressed an interest
> > in participating in this TF be given the fair opportunity to participate, and
> > have therefore asked the Secretariat to designate the runners-up in this
> > election as such "observers" (recognizing that no other GA members have
> > expressed any interest in working on this TF and understanding that the
> > number of future TF participants must ultimately be decided by the TF
> > membership itself).
>
> > Had this been an open working group, all members of the GA would have had an
> > equal opportunity to participate.  Accordingly, I will not seek to deny
> > participation to the only GA members that have thus far expressed any
> > interest or desire in working on this TF.
>
> > Allow me to remind the membership that the General Assembly is "open to all
> > who are willing to contribute effort to the work of the DNSO. The
> > participants in the GA should be individuals who have a knowledge of and an
> > interest in issues pertaining to the areas for which the DNSO has primary
> > responsibility, and who are willing to contribute time, effort and expertise
> > to the work of the DNSO, including work item proposal and development,
> > discussion of work items, draft document preparation, and participation in
> > research and drafting committees and working groups."
>
> > Jeff Williams, Thomas Roessler and Eric Dierker have an equal right as
> > participants as they are all General Assembly members.  It is up to the
> > membership to decide which candidate will best represent our interests as the
> > voting member.  The runners-up in this election (having expressed a desire to
> > participate in the work of the TF) will be accorded the opportunity to do so
> > should such circumstance arise.
>
> > Those that do not plan to get involved in the substantive work of the DNSO
> > should allow those that are willing to do the work to get on with the job
> > that they are volunteering to do.  Maybe next time, others will volunteer to
> > actually do some work.
>
> > --

> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827