[ga] Re: OBJECTION Re: Transfer TF elections

The General Assembly will be electing a single "voting" representative to the
Transfers Task Force.

This Task Force, as per an un-ratified proposal tendered by the un-elected
interim Chair, will determine whether constituencies and the GA may send
additional non-voting "observers" to this TF.  That particular message was
posted to the TF list on the same day that I tendered my resignation from the
TF, and has subsequently been repeated on the TF list.

I consider it entirely appropriate that those that have expressed an interest
in participating in this TF be given the fair opportunity to participate, and
have therefore asked the Secretariat to designate the runners-up in this
election as such "observers" (recognizing that no other GA members have
expressed any interest in working on this TF and understanding that the
number of future TF participants must ultimately be decided by the TF
membership itself).

Had this been an open working group, all members of the GA would have had an
equal opportunity to participate.  Accordingly, I will not seek to deny
participation to the only GA members that have thus far expressed any
interest or desire in working on this TF.

Allow me to remind the membership that the General Assembly is "open to all
who are willing to contribute effort to the work of the DNSO. The
participants in the GA should be individuals who have a knowledge of and an
interest in issues pertaining to the areas for which the DNSO has primary
responsibility, and who are willing to contribute time, effort and expertise
to the work of the DNSO, including work item proposal and development,
discussion of work items, draft document preparation, and participation in
research and drafting committees and working groups."

Jeff Williams, Thomas Roessler and Eric Dierker have an equal right as
participants as they are all General Assembly members.  It is up to the
membership to decide which candidate will best represent our interests as the
voting member.  The runners-up in this election (having expressed a desire to
participate in the work of the TF) will be accorded the opportunity to do so
should such circumstance arise.

Those that do not plan to get involved in the substantive work of the DNSO
should allow those that are willing to do the work to get on with the job
that they are volunteering to do.  Maybe next time, others will volunteer to
actually do some work.