[ga] You Are Abusing Our Intelligence

Jefsey -

Stop this nonsense.

There is a published budget for ICANN that includes the budget for
the At Large study.  The CEO reports to the Board regularly on budget
accomplishment and that report is rendered and archived publicly. Not
only is there no malfeasance, but the fiscal conservatism of the
committee allowed the Board to extend its term to March 2002 without
having to find additional funds.

There is a Finance Committee of the Board that reviews budget and
financial data provided by management and makes reports to the full
Board that are also presented and archived publicly.

There is an Audit Committee of the Board that reviews all accounting
and financial management policies of the corporation and makes
reports to the full Board that are presented and archived publicly.

There is an external audit firm that annually reviews the
corporation's financial results and renders an opinion on them based
on generally accepted accounting principles for non-profit
organizations.  The opinion and accompanying financial statements are
posted on ICANN's website.  The lead partner of the audit firm has an
annual closed door session with the non-management Directors of the
Audit Committee during which any deficiencies in the corporation's
financial systems and financial management are discussed and
corrective action required, if any, is adopted.

The corporation renders annual financial reports to the State of
California and to the Internal Revenue Service, both of which have
oversight and investigative powers in the event of any discrepancies.
None of ICANN's reports to these agencies has triggered an oversight
action.

You and others are conducting a witch hunt for which there is no
witch.  It's past time to move on to topics that actually have some
promise of assisting the DNS community in its work.

- Mike