RE: Re[2]: [ga] Transfers & WHOIS

I was thinking more along the lines of the open source community. It isn't
just the public alt.roots (which are actually the inclusive roots, BTW),
It's the general way that the Internet works. In that regard, the ICANN is
in the same boat. This whois task force is still building a proprietary
whois. Just like the one we had before. Now an open source whoisd would more
likely have an impact.

What I'm objecting to is the closed nature of the project. It is incidental
that other root players are also interested. But, not inconsequential.