Re: [ga] Final Review Task Force Report

Roberto Gaetano wrote:
<major snippage>

> The final report contains the GA rep's (myself) comments in the "Minority
> viewpoints" section. These comments reflected to the best I could the debate
> in the GA on the three points of:
> - GA Chair election

No recommendation was a result of logic that stems from false premises.  Your
comments were on the mark,
thank you.

> - New Constituencies

Sent to oblivion by obviscation.  Self criticism is seldom helpful.  Why would
existing power bases vote to dilute their power.  Again your comments were
reflective of what I percieve as the GA belief, as it were.

> - Consensus

Since the NC is reflective of what they want to see as the core of the groups
that should be represented, then their vote and theirs alone should represent
consensus?  The TF logic on this is incredible.
(this point brings us to your last and most important)

> P.S.: I am against withdrawing GA reps from the WGs/TFs/whatever. The fact
> we are not listened to is not a good enough reason to stop talking: now we
> have on record the opposition, for instance, to adult supervision by NC in
> the election of the GA Chair. Otherwise, there would have been consensus.
> The problem, as we can see now, is that qualified volounteers who want to
> provide contributions to the bodies that address substancial DNS-related
> issues are becoming a scarce resource.

Much to the chagrin of many I agree with your outlook here.  I have seen what
the alternative does and it only does harm.  I only add that the GA within
itself must become more tolerant and moderate, Roberto has shown that this
approach in fact yields our best credentials.

Sincerely,
Eric