[ga] The end of the road

on 12/4/01 2:16 PM, Kent Crispin at kent@songbird.com wrote:

> The GA, however, is a zoo, and nobody takes it seriously.  Since people
> don't take it seriously, there is no particular reason to speak up if it
> takes an insane or wildly unrealistic position, and hence the assumption
> that the people who do speak up are a consensus is clearly invalid.

Thanks for the heads up from the Staff that the GA's position is untenable.

on 12/3/01 6:23 PM, L Gallegos at jandl@jandl.com wrote:

> It seems to me that every time an individual is willing to give the
> passion, time and effort to areas where individuals need a voice, that
> willingness is shunned or totally discouraged to the point where he or
> she gives up.

That's right, and unlike Roeland, I don't feel the need to give any advance
warning.

Regards,

Joanna

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation: http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents")

Part I: Introduction, Principles and Definitions
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II: Flow Chart
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires installing the Adobe Acrobat
Reader, which is available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
Part III - Time Line Guide
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html