From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]On Behalf Of L
Gallegos
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 6:23 AM
To: Danny Younger, new; Patrick Corliss
Cc: [ga-abuse]; [ga]
Subject: Re: [ga] Terrorism, Joanna, Is Seriously Off Topic

Please tell me how this is off topic as it relates to domain names being
sold to US embargoed countries by US registrars?  ICANN is still a US
corporation and many of the registrars are also US based.  It is not
outside the scope of this list to discuss those issues.

Also, how is Joanna's "unpleasant" attitutude different from those set
forth by many others?  Where is the emotional underlay different from
many, many others' posts to this list?

Where does it seem to indicate that Joanna's "agenda" is different from
the majority of the GA when it comes to individuals rights?

Please show me where there is an attempt by Joanna at a political
power grab?  What I have seen is a somewhat passionate attempt to
participate in a forum by an individual who does happen to represent the
views of individuals, whether that attempt is a personal one or one
endorsed by the GA.  I truly fail to see what one individual out of the
total number of TF members can to to grab power.

I just don't see it.

It seems to me that every time an individual is willing to give the
passion, time and effort to areas where individuals need a voice, that
willingness is shunned or totally discouraged to the point where he or
she gives up.

Leah

On 4 Dec 2001, at 9:01, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Dear Danny
>
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:59:37 -0400, Joanna Lane wrote:
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg03352.html
>
> I understand that you continue in your position as Chair of the General
> Assembly.  In that role you have spent significant time and energy
> promoting Joanna Lane for every possible position you could think of.  In
> fact, you invented a few to promote her political ascent.
>
> During this time, a number of people, including myself, have questioned
her
> unpleasant attitude.  In fact, Joanna has, to my knowledge, gratuitously
> offended several people.  Nor has she ever shown any accountability in
> promoting her own agenda.  She does not, for example, respond to any
> questions or even heed any attempts at moderation.
>
> It is my view that Joanna Lane is quite unsuited to represent the GA in
any
> forum whatsoever.  I would suggest that you discontinue your support of
> Joanna's power grab unless and until you have been given a specific
mandate
> by the Assembly membership.
>
> May I also suggest that you do something to resolve the running sore of
> list moderation.  You started with five people, as I remember, and you
have
> none left.  That is a sorry reflection of your leadership style.
Otherwise