Re: [ga] Task Forces Proposal -- Boycott, DoC, Congress or Other ??

Patrick and Roeland:

I disagree with a boycott, but strongly agree with a vote of "no
confidence" in ICANN along with an appropriate position paper to go to
all parties - ICANN, Congress, DoC, NTIA....

On that note, however, support would have to be overwhelming in order
to have any effect.  I suspect it would not be difficult to garner support
for such a vote, however, since the GA is where those who are
disenfranchised by the system seem to gather.  In addition, outreach for
such a resolution or position paper, perhaps using Danny's site, would
help in gathering that support.

If we do nothing, or withdraw from the process, ICANN has just what it
wants, as has been stated before.  It's time to stand up and make it
known that lip service is not what is meant by a bottom-up, transparent
organization.

I could get behind such an effort.

Leah