[ga] The Network Solutions contribution to international terror

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 16:06:54 -0800, William X Walsh wrote:

> Sunday, Sunday, December 02, 2001, 3:55:39 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:
> > But in any case, as internet inept as I may be, the question
> > remains, has Network Solutions accepted money for which
> > it provides a service to Hamas

<snip>

> In other words, you are making many assumptions, that are best left to
> law enforcement officials who have the tools to see if in fact that is
> the case.
>
> I'm of the opinion it would most likely turn out not to be the case.
> We have many loons in this country who would get their sick thrills by
> putting up sites like that one.
>
> It's real easy to jump to conclusions, but when you start labeling
> companies has accepting money or providing services to terrorists, you
> are jumping to conclusions that require a lot more information that
> what you have before such accusations could have any real credibility.

I have never agreed with you more, William, than I do now.

If I am not mistaken Joanna Lane has already brought this to our attention.
I also thought the GA agreed that ICANN should comply with the law.

Personally, I think the DNS is enough of an emotive sinkhole.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss