[ga] "...the "marketplace" would absorb failures..."

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc08/msg03842.html
From: "Ken Stubbs" <kstubbs@digitel.net>
"It sounds to me like your advocating that ICANN should be responsible for
developing policies that deal with breakdowns of poorly operated business
like this.it would seem to me that the "marketplace" would absorb failures here and
there are, in most cases, redundancies to services currently provided should
they fail."
----

Why doesn't ICANN take the same position with TLD Registries ?

.BIZ existed long before ICANN...
http://www.dot-biz.com/TimeLine/
People are advised to register in BOTH of
the IPv4 .BIZ registries, for reliable and
redundant DNS service.
http://www.dot-biz.com/DNS101/

Jim Fleming
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com