Re: [ga] Good News

Eric and all assembly members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> I have reached a LOI in which I gratuitously threw in the GA and AL importance
> to a company that will be reaching out to millions, no not spam but a
> commercial enterprise that will both have WWW presence and physically reach a
> global market.

  ORSC, New.Net, INEGroup(Many web sites for instance) and a few
others kinda beat you to the punch by about 1 1/2 years.  But we hope we
will be glad you are going to be on board!  >;)

> You see some interests want a non-profit legitimacy and I lied
> and said this reference to the GA and AL would give it to them.  Nope nothing
> official but a guaranteed million hits a day by May 2002.  It is so sweet - it
> will just say "do you want to be a part of running the worlds' Internet click
> here"
> Of course it will include things like You could be the next General Assembly
> Chair or you could sit on the BoD of ICANN"

  Well this is a shame.  Because such a message will be misleading and therefore
spam!

> You see it is a catch 22.  No one in ICANN wants participation but by properly
> offering it there is nothing ICANN can do about it.

  Except what you propose above, if any example, is not proper or legitimate.

>  When people here sign up
> they will get notices of their rights pursuant to WTO and BTAs and National
> rights.  Then they will get their Ambassadors links and on and on.

  This is good.  But is already being done.  The more the merrier along these
lines however.

> I have finally discovered that ICANN does not give permission and the GA will
> not move on its' own.  But what the heck I work with a quiet little marketing
> company, directing 2 million hits a day so why not use it to bring in the
> basics - numbers.

  And New.net, INEGRoup, ORSC and a few others do 20 times that number
today.  But again the more the merrier!  >;)

> Oh sorry that is BAD NEWS for many of you, but what the heck you are not
> getting anything done in the meantime.

  We are building new networks every week.  How is Hi-Tek doing?

> Oh as far as working with the ALSC and especially Esther Dyson, sorry it was a
> big no at the UN, they like our model but if ED was involved it was a
> non-starter.  Yikes she must really have a history.
>
> Sincerely,
> Eric
>
> Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>
> > On 01:11 24/11/01, Joop Teernstra said:
> > >This is where the original idea of a healthy At Large membership of
> > >several hundred thousand comes in.
> >
> > There is no way of getting that without a huge pount of money and constant
> > efforts. Only Regitry, Registrars and Reseller can give it a try to "buy"
> > the ICANN. In that case the 6 Directors instead of  9 "purchased" by gTLD
> > is that last hope for a non total business/NSI capture.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827