[ga] Good News

I have reached a LOI in which I gratuitously threw in the GA and AL importance
to a company that will be reaching out to millions, no not spam but a
commercial enterprise that will both have WWW presence and physically reach a
global market.  You see some interests want a non-profit legitimacy and I lied
and said this reference to the GA and AL would give it to them.  Nope nothing
official but a guaranteed million hits a day by May 2002.  It is so sweet - it
will just say "do you want to be a part of running the worlds' Internet click
here"
Of course it will include things like You could be the next General Assembly
Chair or you could sit on the BoD of ICANN"

You see it is a catch 22.  No one in ICANN wants participation but by properly
offering it there is nothing ICANN can do about it.  When people here sign up
they will get notices of their rights pursuant to WTO and BTAs and National
rights.  Then they will get their Ambassadors links and on and on.

I have finally discovered that ICANN does not give permission and the GA will
not move on its' own.  But what the heck I work with a quiet little marketing
company, directing 2 million hits a day so why not use it to bring in the
basics - numbers.

Oh sorry that is BAD NEWS for many of you, but what the heck you are not
getting anything done in the meantime.

Oh as far as working with the ALSC and especially Esther Dyson, sorry it was a
big no at the UN, they like our model but if ED was involved it was a
non-starter.  Yikes she must really have a history.

Sincerely,
Eric