RE: [ga] Formulating Consensus ??

Hi,
	From my short time as a subscriber to this GA ML, I tend to agree with
Jefsey on that the GA is locked in a world of policies, bylaws and all the
"stuffs" which will kill any "suggestion/motion for improvements".  There
are no proper procedures/policy being employed in guiding the discussion and
consensus making process here.  There are a lot of "free-style-debates"
going on, but I don't see how these "debates" will bring about any changes.
I don't see ICANN "acting" or even "acknowledging" these debates. Even IF
(that is a capital IF) everybody here agrees on something, so what?  Will
ICANN accept/act on it?  Not really ...  Are we wasting out time here?

From an observer/newbie, I feel that this GA is just a get-together with no
impact at all ... Sad.

I again agree with Jefsey that irregardless of policies, procedures, bylaws,
what is important are Results. Let's focus on getting results.  How to do
that? Change ICANN?  I don't think that can be achieved ... anyone?  We have
to device a way where the GA can force ICANN to seriously look at it.

I know some will say that we need to follow the policies and bylaws in order
for whatever decisions to be accepted. True, but look at what "following the
laid policies" have taken us?  Nowhere!

In the absence of a Individual Constituency, I will support Joanna as the
individual rep any time.  But really, will it make any difference? Will
ICANN listen?

I do not know how to word it in nice "formally and legally accepted terms",
but this is generally a Call-To-Action for reform.

regards,
- Joseph