Re: [ga] Business Constituency

At 8:18 AM -0800 20/11/01, William X Walsh wrote:
>Tuesday, Tuesday, November 20, 2001, 2:23:23 AM, Philip Sheppard wrote:
>
>> The Business Constituency has launched an internal debate to revise its
>>charter. To give due respect to the participation of BC members in this
>>debate, the Constituency will not be replying to
>> discussion on this matter outside of the Constituency at this point.
>
>Pardon my directness, but how incredibly stupid.
>
>All of this to get rid of two members/potential members who are not
>eligible for membership in the other constituencies, but whom you do
>not want in your ranks.
>
>The BC is the only constituency for many BUSINESSES who also sell to
>other BUSINESSES, such as domain registration resellers, etc, who
>would also be excluded under your "Anti-New.net" rule.

Surely, there are rules against constituency redefinition?

If they want a constituency with tighter membership rules, shouldn't the BC
constituency stay as it is, and the people wanting the rule change be
forced to construct a NEW constituency and lay a petition on the table for
recognition?

If this ISN'T the case, then could the individual registrants who have no
representation in the DNSO find a constituency to wriggle into then change
it's membership rules?

Maybe there's one that would allow itself to be bought?

Maybe the Registry constituency, who has recognised the lack of registrant
representation could changes its rules to allow registrants to join it?

Maybe the IP constituency will run around buying out all the other
constituencies?

Maybe they already have?

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?