RE: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign

> Perhaps, but a quick search turns up many .cu web sites. To my mind,

To my mind, the Cuba embargo is not as simple as the Iraqi one, and I would
not jump to the conclusion that there is a problem with .cu until I have
parsed all of the relevant regulations.

The Cuba embargo exempts a large number of transactions relating to
cultural, scientific, and other types of exchanges.  It is nowhere near as
absolute as other embargoes, and I did not raise anything having to do with
Cuba in any of my examples.

But back on your previous point, you said that the Iraqis should run their
own TLD.  Now, why do you believe the .iq TLD should be re-delegated, and
who do you propose it should be re-delegated to. Because, at the moment, it
is most certainly not delegated to Iraqis.

Justifying illegal behavior is one thing.  But going a step further and
proposing we actually take something AWAY from an American company and give
it to Iraq is, frankly, an astounding position for you to take.