Re: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign

Joseph and all assembly members,

  No the internet is not owned by the USA.  But the DNS and root server
structure aka "Legacy/USG Roots" are owned by the USA.  .US is
owned by the USA as well.  Hence the importance of the DNS to the
USA and to the DNSO in particular.

Joseph wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jefsey Morfin: By which right "embrgoed".
> William Lovell: By U. S. Law.  We say what comes in and out of this country.
> ------
> Jefsey Morfin: By chance the US are offering hospitality to international
> services.
> William Lovell: By initial creativity within ARPA, not by chance.
> ------
> William Lovell: The first duty of a host is to respect the hospitality
> rules, i.e. not to take advantage from them to the detriment of the host.
> ------
> William Lovell: The first duty of a country is to protect itself, hosting
> anything be damned.
> ------
> Jefsey Morfin: It can be hurting. In some period the response was honor. It
> seems that today the question is money.
> William Lovell: The issue is not money but 5,000 dead people from 86
> countries. We've seen what can happen when we let our "hosting" go lax.
>
> *** I can understand that many people are concern/hurt/disturbed by the 9/11
> incident. But would the statements above a little overboard? You do know
> that 86 countries are involved. William/Bill, I would like to clarify if you
> are claiming ownership of the internet by USA (2nd point above)? If this is
> not what you claim, you have my appologies.
>
> regards,
> - Joseph

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827