[ga] Re: [TLDA Public] What Theater....fortunately, there are many Root Server Clusters...

  • To: ga@dnso.org
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [TLDA Public] What Theater....fortunately, there are many Root Server Clusters...
  • From: Jefsey Morfin <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:39:17 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

On 18:06 14/11/01, Jim Fleming said:
> > http://www.washtech.com/news/netarch/13672-1.html
> > "A pair of high-ranking Bush administration officials today visited the
> > Herndon, Va., offices of VeriSign to assess the security precautions being
> > taken by the company that controls the technology at the heart of the
> > Internet's global addressing system."

There is not such a thing hapilly as "control", "heart of the Internet",
and "global addressing system" except in the Verisign commercial verbose.
There is only a very unstable over sized TLD registry management system.
Only a good reason to get many, many more TLDs (first military lesson is
"don't group together") to start with an increased usage of the ccTLDs. And
to get every Internet participant with a local name server: a huge business
for DNS gurus.

Also to ask for an official registration title and a physical management
tool (such as a smart card) for domain names. So I may prove my DNs are
mine and I may resume operations on an alternative site should NSI sites be
blown-up (both are on East Coast - Herndon and Charlotte) or powered down.

Jefsey