Re: [ga] Just a Discussion List?

Patrick and all assembly members,

  I respectfully disagree with a few of your assessments below.
(See below)

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Hi Joop
>
> > Moderation of this list is, alas, no longer taking place, for reasons that
> > Kristy has outlined so well.
> > This *needs* to be addressed.
>
> I propose a motion (which will be ignored like my last one) that:
>
> Whereas the GA is a farce,

  No it is not really.  I has been made many times to be disjointed
however.

> Whereas there is no Alternate Chair,ntil the next schedu

  You resigned due to poor health as I recall.  We the assembly members
decided an Alt chair is not needed until the next scheduled.

> Whereas there is no funding to attend ICANN meetings,

  Eric Dierker took on that responsibility and tried to pass it on to me.
I declined.  He than said that Peter Denge-Thrush was taking over that
function.  We are awaiting Eric's and Peters progress report as Eric
promised.

> Whereas motions are ignored by the Chair,

  Three motions have been voted upon.  They have been passed onto the
NC.  They should be than passed onto the ICANN BoD.

> Whereas there is no proper voting system,

  Yes there is.  It need improvement but it exists and has worked
fairly well.

> Wheras List Monitoring is nonexistent,

  Yes it does.  It is in place and working pretty well.  They should not
be overbearing however.

> Whereas the Sub Lists are neither used or useful,

  True.

> Whereas the Chair has cut short agendas,

  True

> Whereas the NC has lost the plot,

True

> Whereas there is no democracy in the ICANN Board,

 True

> Whereas ICANN itself is captured by vested interests,

True for the most part.

> Whereas there is no possible way of achieving consensus,

Not true.  There are a number of possible ways of achieving
consensus.  However the ICANN BoD and staff as well as the
NC are not willing to do so by vote.

> Whereas the DNSO Secretariat ignores the GA,

  Not always.  But this does seem to be a problem from time to time.
The DNSO GA needs a full time paid Secretariat.

> Wheras there is no system for proper procedures in the GA,

Yes there is.  And it works but not all that well.  The List illegitimate
list rules need modifying.

> THAT the GA declare that it is just a DNS discussion list.

  No, that would be a very bad idea.  It is an assembly.  Perhaps
you are not all that familiar with how and assembly often operates?

> Best regards
> Patrick Corliss

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827