Re[4]: [ga] icannworld.org

Tuesday, Tuesday, November 13, 2001, 10:14:01 AM, Peter de Blanc wrote:

> Sandy:

> As a member of the Names Council, I find your comment about "appointing
> a GA chair" both undiplomatic and factually incorrect.

> The GA, prior to the election of Chairman Danny, argued for
> "self-selection" of the GA chair, rather than "appointment" by the NC.

> The GA held its own elections, with the results as we all know them to
> be.

> The NC then "confirmed" the self-selected chair and co-chair of the GA.

> Those are the facts.

The FACTS are that the DNSO Charter vests the NAMES COUNCIL with the
responsibility for appointing the DNSO GA Chair.  The ability of the
GA to nominate via an election, was a COURTESY extended by the Names
Council.

But what the process results in what we have had on the GA this year,
the Names Council IS the one who MUST accept the responsibility for
it.  You have had ample opportunity to appoint an effective chair in
the face of AMPLE EVIDENCE that our existing chair is not effective,
and in fact is not representing those here in the GA, but is doing
nothing but using the name of the GA to promote his own interests.

You want to pass the buck back to the GA, but the DNSO BY LAWS DO NOT
LET YOU DO THAT.  The buck stops with YOU.

YOU HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY.

What you feared is that a vocal minority would raise a raucous over
your appointing a new chair, and rather than do the right thing and
take a little criticism from those who will criticize ANYWAY, you
choose to just let the problem remain.

That, Mr de Blanc, is cowardly.

Under the DNSO structure, YOU, meaning all of those on the Names
Council, have a responsibility with regard to this assembly.

You have completely shirked it.

A good portion of the blame for the state of the GA rests on YOUR
head.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>