ATTN Danny Younger, queries to: [ga] icannworld.org

Thomas and all assembly members,

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann/mdr2001/archive/scribe-ga-111201.html>:
>
> >II.  DNSO project to facilitate international outreach
> >
> >    A.  Concern from one Internet user that even an Internet cafe' is
> >expensive, and that it is therefore costly to participate.
> >http://www.icannworld.org to serve these users as well as to provide
> >translations. Framework in place for display of translated pages,
> >local ccTLD manager information, localized message boards, etc.
>
> The webcast of this part of the DNSO session is linked from
> <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann/mdr2001/archive/agenda-ga-111201.html>,
> "Opening Comments from the Chair".
>
> Note that icannworld.org is introduced as a "DNSO project", and
> claims to be sponsored by the GA on the start page.

  Yeah I noticed that too.  I don't recall even hearing of icannworld.org
until yesterday.  So I am finding it difficult to see how the DNSO GA
is sponsoring it?  And which what funds is the DNSO GA sponsoring
it?  Danny, can you assist everyone here in clarifying these questions?

> --
> Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/
>
> On 2001-11-13 14:11:29 +0100, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
> >Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:11:29 +0100
> >To: ga@dnso.org
> >From: Jefsey Morfin <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>
> >Subject: Re: [ga] icannworld.org
> >
> >On 13:20 13/11/01, Sotiris Sotiropoulos said:
> >>I take exception to the shameless self-promotional stunt
> >>executed by the General Assembly Chair with his
> >>"icannworld.org" presentation.
> >>
> >>I remove any confidence I may have had in Danny Younger's
> >>suitability for Chaimanship of the General Assembly of the
> >>DNSO.
> >>
> >>Sincerely,
> >>
> >>Sotiris Sotiropoulos
> >

> >Could you please provide the URL. I see nothing special at the present
> >time. Except Stuart's attempt at convincing us that he understands
> >something to a naming plan and that the Internet naming plan is in danger:
> >would he prepare another 4 letters TLD?
> >Jefsey
> >
> >--
> >This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827