RE: [ga] WIPO Arbitrators Stern In Domain 'Hijacking' Rulings

On 13:04 28/10/01 -0800, Roeland Meyer said:

>It is reasonable considering the alternative legal costs, but dropping it to
>$25K US is also reasonable, considering that there is no set criteria. In
>the case of an abusive complaint, which is usually brought about by a large
>corp,

I could justify $25-30 K US, but not higher.
Not all complainants will be large corps (I would like to see statistics on
this) and a small player defending his  trademark should not be intimidated
by the size of the bond.
The basic purpose is to compensate the victim of an attempted hijacking for
his cost and trouble.
Looking forward to Jeff's legal staff's effort. :)

--Joop