RE: Re[4]: [ga] WIPO Arbitrators Stern In Domain 'Hijacking' Ruli ngs

At 8:30 AM -0800 28/10/01, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> [...]

But this is because the current system is heavily weighted in favour of the
complainant, and the system allows the panel to make highly questionable
decisions that would not stand up in court. They can do this with little
fear of retribution, as all they need to do is leave conflicting evidence
out of their "findings" and it's hidden from view.

The full evidence in a UDRP needs to be publically available, and findings
subject to peer review.

Some rules regarding precedent need to be established, and providers need
to be forced to stick to the UDRP rules and be beaten with a stick when
they make their own rules up.

Clean up the sytem, open it up and make it fair, and respondents are likely
to stick with it.

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?