Re[2]: [ga] Re: Recent BC Membership Decision

Wednesday, Wednesday, October 24, 2001, 2:18:14 PM, Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 01:45:44PM -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
>>
>> This is a very disappointing development. I would
>> strongly urge the B&C to reconsider its decision and
>> its policies.

> That's funny, given that the NCDNHC has exactly the same policy -- it
> excludes non-profit registries from membership, even if they are
> unquestionably non-profit organizations.

Which makes sense, but really only if those registries are ICANN
recognized.  Non-ICANN recognized registries should not be subject to
those rules.

After all, the reason it makes since for recognized (aka Valid)
registries is that they have another constituency representing their
direct interests.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>