Re: [ga] Tainted BC elections

Danny and all assembly members,

  How come I am not surprised!  :(

  As you know Danny, and I am sure many others of the DNSO GA
also know Marilyn and AT&T have been vying for a position of some
importance or consideration within the ICANn structure.  And as much
as AT&T have likely supplied the $$ for the BC needs and requirements,
such a situation is bound to occur.

  But I am also just a sure that Marilyn will deny such as well the
Secretariat of the BC.  I am also sure that the ICANN BoD and
particularly the ICANN CEO is quietly very much in approval
of this as well...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Our collegues in the Business Constituency are at it again, this time
> breaking their own Charter rules in the middle of an election for NC
> representatives.   As was to be expected, Grant, Philip, and Marilyn have
> been nominated for office... but this time it appears that Marilyn has a
> challenger in her own geographical area.
>
> As Grant and Philip are running unopposed, they will, of course, be declared
> winners.  Here's where it gets interesting...  The BC Charter states:
>
> IIC3e. If, at any stage of the election process described above, an
> individual working for or representing an identifiable business sector is
> elected, all other representatives or individuals working for or representing
> that same business sector will be eliminated from the election process.
>
> Grant and Marilyn both work for the same identifiable business sector.
> Grant draws his paycheck from Clear Communications (a telco) and Marilyn
> draws her paycheck from AT&T.   If the BC had any respect for their own
> Charter, they would accordingly eliminate Marilyn from the election process
> as Grant is already (by default) a regional winner, and the other remaining
> contender from the North American zone would be advanced as the candidate for
> the contested NC seat.
>
> Unfortunately, the BC seems to believe that they have a mandate to break the
> rules whenever required to preserve the sanctity of their private little
> club.  One has to wonder just how many times the BC will violate their
> Charter before ICANN reigns in this rogue constituency?

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827