Re: [ga] Re: Task Force appointees, MOTION

This is a well reasoned post as it regards the GA. (I venture not opinion
on the issue of the IDNO)  We are still in the process of building a
structure for ICANN and the GA.  We are just establishing the foundation
and that takes tough decisions by persons in authority.  Demanding that we
want everything perfect right now is not conducive to progress.  I do not
think the William or I like this method of selecting delegates but we
realize that for now it is a good process.  And far better than a stalemate
while we demand total democracy but have not yet achieved it - if we
should.

It is important to remember we are on a bit of mission creep extending into
these policy issues and we should be mindful that generally a sophisticated
technical body/professional body is not run democratically except in the
election of their rulers - not delegates.

Peace

Eric