Re: [ga] Peace on Earth, NC and BC, please

Roeland and all assembly members,

  I don't agree with your #2 below.  But the format is a good one
none the less.  As Joanna pointed out quite rightly, a poll with
this as the motion in it's entirety is a good second option.  However
as I replied to Joanna's post, using the "Best Practices" approach
and the voting mechanism to document and verify historically, would
be much more preferable.

Roeland Meyer wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Let me make this simpler for you.
>
> Whereas, the Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc. is a Delaware registered
> corporation and qualifies as a small business, under US SBA guidelines (see:
> http://www.mhsc.com/legal.htm), since 1997.
>
> Whereas, MHSC is a common law trademark and brand of the Morgan Hill
> Software Company, Inc.
>
> Whereas, MHSC registers names in the non-ICANN TLDs of MHSC and VPN. Ergo,
> MHSC is a DNS SLD registry.
>
> Whereas, MHSC also carries TLDs, such as AtlanticRoot's BIZ, MHSC is also a
> TLD registry.
>
> Whereas, MHSC operates a non-ICANN controlled zone server network, including
> root authority.
>
> Whereas, MHSC distributes and publishes the MHSC root zone file via said
> zone server network and has sole authority over that network and its
> contents.
>
> Whereas, MHSC is restricted from joining the DNSO/BC specifically because
> MHSC is a registry.
>
> Whereas, MHSC is restricted from joining the DNSO/RC specifically because
> MHSC is a non-ICANN registry.
>
> Whereas, MHSC finds common cause with David Hernand, of New.Net
>
> Whereas, MHSC has its own dispute resolution mechanism and has no need of
> the UDRP.
>
> Whereas, MHSC has been such a registry for far longer than ICANN has even
> existed and doesn't plan to cease operation anytime soon.
>
> Whereas, MHSC supports Jefesy Morfin's efforts to bring about constructive
> change in the DNSO/BC but, considers those efforts to have a very low
> probability of success.
>
> Whereas, MHSC finds that ICANN is in violation of inclusiveness
> requirements, given by DOC MoU, signed in 1998.
>
> Whereas, MHSC finds that the DNSO/GA is the only all inclusive body for all
> ICANN domain name holders.
>
> Whereas, the ICANN BoD has previously established authority over the
> structure of the DNSO by creating the constituencies of the DNSO and that
> authority has never been recinded.
>
> MHSC demands that;
> 1: The ICANN BoD instruct the DNSO/BC to stop excluding potential members
> that are legally registered and constituted businesses for any reason. That
> such practices have already caused irrepairable harm and minimum
> compensatory action shall be to grant such membership, of previously
> excluded members, at no charge, for a period equal to the time that such
> exclusionary practices have been in effect (at least 3 years).
>
> 2: The ICANN place the DNSO/GA on equal footing with the current DNSO names
> council, creating a bicameral DNSO. That the ICANN provide funding and
> support for a secure voting mechanism that the GA can use for its consensus
> building efforts. That the ICANN provide budget and staffing for the DNSO/GA
> to perform its functions. That the DNSO/GA be given ICANN BoD seats, to be
> filled by a representitive voting the recorded consensus of the DNSO/GA.
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827