Re: [ga] Re: Task Force appointees

Roberto and all assembly members,

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> I agree on the need to move quickly, and also believe that, although
> sometimes in the past we went through elections, this was not formally
> necessary.

  It was if you want to have a formal record, and not get screaming
participants claiming that such a determination is invalid due to
lack of a formal process.  As you know, this has happened
too many times now, and as a result has created distrust
that is now very difficult to overcome, if even possible.

> However, I would like to see a show of hands in favour of David by GA
> members, I believe that this show of support will psychologically ease his
> task, and be a record for the future.

  Not a good method for record keeping purposes.  With the disappearance
of selected archived E-Mail post during the IAHC fiasco and more
recently the complete removal of all the Domain-Policy ML archives
is a blatant example of why this is a poor idea.  In fact as has been
pointed out, it is likely that the DNSO itself may disappear or at least
the GA.  Given that as now at least openly discussed, a more formal
method seem both prudent and wise for the sake or accountability
and historical record keeping purposes alone.

> May I start with showing my agreement with the choice of person, and invite
> some "me too" messages from GA members?

  I seem to recall you complaining about "me too" posts!  >:)  Change
of heart here Roberto???

> Thanks
> Roberto
>
> (I leave the original message, as some time has passed and people might have
> forgotten what the subject was)
>

> >Dear Peter,
> >
> >On occasion, it is necessary to move quickly on some matters.  In the case
> >of
> >your particular constituency, the name of Peter Dengate-Thrush was
> >forwarded
> >to the Council as the representative to the NC structure Task Force within
> >days of the TF being formed.  I doubt that your constituency either
> >convened
> >an election process or had Peter confirmed or endorsed for this Task Force
> >by
> >a substantial number of those active on the ccTLD list within the course of
> >just a few days.
> >
> >I have full faith in the ability of these members to properly represent the
> >GA in an NC Task Force (to the same degree that you and Elisabeth have
> >confidence in Peter).   Both individuals (if they accept) will be chairs of
> >committees in which the views of the Assembly will come to be ascertained.
> >As both are responsible and can articulate positions well, there is no need
> >to further delay the GA's entry into these Task Forces.
> >

> >--
> >This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827