Re: [ga] Registrars Draft: Transfers

On 02:25 27/09/01, Jeff Williams said:
> > The way to protect the Losing Registrar is to build into this agreement the
> > requirement for the Registrant to take responsibility for disclosing any
> > pertinent legal proceedings, failing which the DN may be autoNACKed.
>
>   I disagree here.  The registrant is the customer, as such he/she should be
>under no special requirements at the time of registration of a Domain Name,
>or the transfer of same, to the loosing registrar or for that matter the
>winning
>one.

all the more than such a clause is IMHO illegal for two reasons:
a) you cannot force someone to prompt information detrimental to him
b) the whole thing calls for a definition of the Registrar service and of the
     domain name. Yours is a yankoyankee issue but as far as I understand
     your legal logic you will always have a conflict due to your
contradictions
    in understanding DNs, Registrars and Registrants.

Jefsey

     and of the Domain Name. Registration is a service to the Registrant.
     Nothing more. This whole thing is yankoyankee issue resulting from
     an ill understanding of the