Re: [ga] rolling up the sleeves.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 03:12:05PM +0200, Jefsey Morfin took time to write:
> I see three main problems. One is to identify the participant as unique.
> The second is to make sure he can confortably vote (receive his PIN, be
> able to vote, etc... without problem nor extra cost). The third one is
> secrecy of the vote (when you vote in real world no one can trace your vote
> to you as votes and ID records are kept separated, while in e-votes keep
> the vote and the identification together for checking - in real you recount
> votes, in e-votes you recount voters).
>
> At IALNA boot strap (Internet At Large Network Association I announced at
> Montevideo GA meeting) we have that problems. We have a cheap solution in
> mind calling for a very small program we are developing right now. We will
> deploy and test it (we think it may cost us around $ 200 a month + R&D and
> control). Then we will need to partner with an existing industry sharing
> the same need for good local coverage. I expect we could be ready by Feb or
> March 2002 (I explained we want to be fully operational for the 2002 @large
> election). I will report on it.

If you read ``Applied Cryptography'' from B.Schneier you will see a
discussion about e-votes and all pitfalls (page 135 and following in
the French version).

If you read a issue #20 of Perl Journal you will find perl code
that do implement all of these ideas (page 18 and following)

This would come for free and operationnal right now. No need to do
anything else/more IMNSHO.

Regards,
Patrick Mevzek