Re: [ga] Geographic and Geopolitical Names in .info

Mike Roberts wrote:

> Alexander - excellent post on a complicated topic.
>
> The tactical situation is traceable back to a continuing ambiguity
> about the extent to which the DNS namespace is a public resource to
> be allocated through governmental processes versus a private resource
> recently opened to investment and commercialization.
>
> Obviously, what we have today is some of both in a fairly confused
> mix and no well defined boundary line between the two. ...

Some names are reserved. example.com, example.org, ... cannot be
registered.

Is it enough to just say that, in all ccTLDs, and geographic TLDs
at lower levels, .gov.TLD must be reserved for the gov't of the
associated political entity? gov.ca.us for California state gov't,
gov.fr for France, ...

That gives them an unambiguos place to be, and gives people an
easy way to find them.