Re: [ga] Geographic and Geopolitical Names in .info

Dear Mike,
thank you to permit us to share in a so much vivid way what Staff is
spending its time on. All this is certainly of US-centric international
cultural fun, but I hardly see what it has to do with the ICANN's mission
and from where ICANN would gets the necessary double authority on the
matter (right to decide and competence to decide). The only thing we can
say for sure is that the naming space is not the ICANN property.

This (absurd IMO) complexity - the "alphabetical" BoD Members start
acknowledging - results from the complexity of the ICANN contract policy.
There is a Latin legal say - Michael you probably knows - stipulating that
no one should take advantage from its own inability to match his own
obligations. I suggest it becomes the ICANN motto.

I just want to submit that this forum has actually overlooked two major
questions. The USA (ISO 3166, French part: Union Sud Africaine) will have a
good UDRP motive: who is going to have "usa.info" ??? Also who is going to
have "eu.info" : Europe or les Etats Unis ???

I suggest we ask Louis Touton's opinion and call on some urgent advise by
Joe Sims.
Jefsey