[ga] FYI: Statement Concerning Third Annual Meeting

(http://www.icann.org/announcements/statement-18sep01.htm)

| To the ICANN community:
|
| Some of you have enquired whether the ICANN Marina del Rey meeting
| will go forward as scheduled in November in the light of last
| week's tragic events in New York and Washington.
|
| As of now the meeting will be held as scheduled in Marina del Rey.
| This might well change if international events nearer the time
| unfold in such a way as to make it extremely difficult or impossible
| to attend. Regardless, we also want to be sensitive to the wishes
| of the ICANN community, particularly those who would have to travel
| far to reach Los Angeles.
|
| Although last week's events are still devastatingly fresh in all
| our minds, we would appreciate it if you would share your current
| thinking as to whether your plans to travel to Marina del Rey are
| likely to change – or any other advice you may have regarding the
| November meeting. Again, we would particularly appreciate hearing
| from those of you who would have to travel from afar.
|
| For planning purposes, we will make a final decision by Wednesday,
| September 26, so your early response would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Please send any comments to meeting@icann.org.

Best regards,
/// Alexander

PS: Since there are so many important issues on the table,
it is probably preferable to send comments directly to
the meeting committee (meeting@icann.org) and *NOT*
to this list.